April 11, 2016
Will this cold weather ever stop? Most certainly it will. Despite the weather, a lot is going on. Here are some updates.
- Osborne Avenue will be repaved, curb to curb, from Bay Avenue to Route 35. The County will be doing the work and with completion scheduled before Memorial Day.
- Osborne Avenue east of Route 35 and East Avenue will be paved all the way to Lyman Street by a contractor hired by Agate. The plan is to complete the work before Memorial Day.
- The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) will be landscaping Centennial Park south of the tennis courts. The work will be started the week of April 11, weather permitting. Work around the new gazebo in the park will begin after the NJDOT contractor removes the pump station wires, now above ground and over Scow Ditch, and runs them under the Ditch. That work is to be done in the Fall.
- NJDOT has hired a new landscaper. All the dead trees along Route 35 will be removed and new trees planted to our northern border. They will NOT plant trees over underground utilities so if you see stretches where there are no trees, that is the reason. If you want to know if your right-of-way is over underground utilities, we can show you a map. The delay now is selecting the best tree.
- The Bay Head Improvement Association (BHIA) will be starting to rebuild all the stairs down to the beach at all inaccessible entrances this week (April 11), weather permitting.
- Bicycle Safety courses are scheduled for the Bay Head School beginning May 2, the Bay Head Improvement Association June 23, and the Bay Head Yacht Club June 28. More details will be forthcoming.
If there is anything you want to know that isn't mentioned here, please call, or come by the Borough Office at 106 Bridge Avenue.