|Mosquito Control (pdf)|
|Forms & Documents|
|Beach and Dune Protection|
|Construction - Buildings Department|
|Contact Us & Directions|
|Emergency Management Storms & Hurricanes|
|Mayor's Wellness Campaign (GO Bay Head!)|
|Tax Collector - Assessor|
|Bay Head Beautification Committee|
|Bay Head Business Association|
|Bay Head Historical Society|
|Bay Head Improvement Association|
|Bay Head School|
|Ocean County Government Online|
|State & Federal Government Information|
|Email Login||Mayor's Office|
Mayor's Memo July 11, 2016
Here's what has been happening!
- The beaches are ALL open and there are large crowds of people enjoying them. There are three (3) handicap-accessible entrances to platforms: Osborne, North and Howe Streets. There is also a handicapped parking space at Howe Street.
- We have had four Bicycle Safety classes with about 200 children attending. There will be one more session this month. We also held a safety lesson at the Mantoloking Yacht Club with 31 children attending. The message on safety and the proper way to ride a bicycle is getting out. Our bicycle police will keep an eye on our children. Those children wearing a helmet and obeying traffic rules may even receive a gift certificate for a free Slurpee. Children under 17, without a helmet, will be stopped and the parents will be notified. The second time a summons may be issued. This is for the safety of our children.
- Borough Hall is coming along. But since most of the work is being done inside, it may look as if nothing is happening. In the next week or two, the shingling of the outside will begin. Don't expect occupancy soon though. There is a lot still to be done.
- We are enforcing our two (2) hour parking limits in town. A number of tickets have already been written.
- Please do NOT park your car across sidewalks, the wrong way on any street or on your lawn. That is not allowed, and you will be ticketed.
- Osborne Avenue is newly paved and lined. There are still a few glitches, but they are being fixed.
- New Jersey Transit has re-instituted the "One Seat Ride" from Bay Head to New York for the Summer.
- Garbage collection south of Bridge Avenue is on Monday and Thursday, and north of Bridge collection is on Tuesday and Friday. REMEMBER: We pay for side-yard and rear-yard pickup. Please do not put your garbage cans at the curb, and keep them hidden from view from the street. Violators will be issued a summons.
We all forget things, so these are a few reminders. Also, we have a number of new businesses in Bay Head, so please patronize our local merchants.
Be careful on the streets and in the ocean. Have a safe Summer!